Hey readers! Today I have a very exciting and special announcement…(drum roll please)…I am heading to New Orleans to attend the 2019 American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) Conference in April!
I am super excited to represent MGH Institute of Health Professions at the conference! Going to conferences was one of my favorite parts of my undergraduate career, so I knew I could not pass up this opportunity. This will be the first conference that I will attend as an occupational therapy student, and I am thrilled to have this opportunity for learning, networking, and meeting fellow OT students and bloggers! Comment down below if you will be attending as well!
If you are a student and are not signed up yet, I highly recommend it! Students receive discounted conference admission fees. You have to be an AOTA member to do so, and if you aren’t yet an AOTA member what are you waiting for?! Click here to sign up now!
Why Students Should Be AOTA Members
- Discounted AOTA Conference admission
- Resources for students and practitioners
- Access to the American Journal of Occupational Therapy
- Support the advancement of our profession
- Support AOTPAC – AOTA’s Political Action Committee (whose work directly impacts all of us as OTs and OT students!)
Educational Sessions That I am Most Excited For
- Children & youth
- Sensory integration & processing
- Developmental disabilities
I just scrolled through a few of the available sessions on these topics and am already so excited! There are so many to choose from!!
Stay tuned in April for a recap of my experience at the conference! Thanks for reading!