Happy blogmas day 8! Today I am sharing one of my favorite recipes that I perfected during quarantine. I have been making it since March, and it is Ryan and my favorite Sunday night dinner. Cooking, trying new recipes, and making up my own recipes has been a new hobby of mine since we have been eating at home much more. Have you picked up any hobbies over the last year, or have you tried (and loved) any new recipes lately? If so, drop them in the comments below! Here is my favorite recipe that I created during quarantine:
Cauliflower Pasta & Meatballs
This recipe was inspired by pasta bolognese. I’m not a fan of meat sauce or red sauce in general, so this was my take on a veggie bolognese sauce. Here’s the recipe:
- Pasta of choice (I like the vegetable radiatore from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 bag of pre-cooked frozen turkey meatballs (I like the ones from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 shallot
- Olive oil
- Spices: salt, pepper, basil, rosemary
- Wash & cut cauliflower. I roughly chop the entire head of cauliflower so the pieces are all about 1-2cm in diameter. I’m not precise at all.
- Mince garlic & finely chop shallot.
- Add cauliflower, garlic, and shallot to a large pan and coat with olive oil. Cover and cook on medium-low heat until fork tender, stirring occasionally. Add salt, pepper, basil, and rosemary to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Once cauliflower is tender, add desired amount of pasta to boiling water. At the same time, add whole jar of marinara sauce and desired number of meatballs to pan of cauliflower. Stir so all meatballs are coated in sauce and cover. Cook for approx. 20 min.
- Stir pasta and sauce occasionally.
- When tender, drain pasta. Once meatballs are completely warmed, add pasta to pan. Stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
Let me know if you try this recipe! It is filling, healthy, and delicious. Enjoy!