Hey readers, happy 8th day of Blogmas! Today I am bringing you a recipe for one of my favorite holiday treats, Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls (also called Buckeyes). I love this recipe. My aunt makes them for my family almost every holiday, but this year she sent me her recipe so I can make them. It was super easy and a great dessert to make for any holiday get together. If you try it out, comment below or send me a picture on Instagram. Enjoy!
1 cup of creamy peanut butter (I used Teddie’s all-natural smooth peanut butter)
1/2 cup (1 stick) of softened butter
2 cups of confectioners’ sugar
2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, and butter with an electric mixer until combined.
- Roll peanut butter mix into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet 1-2 inches apart.
- Chill peanut butter balls in the refrigerator for ~30 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate chips for ~2.5 minutes in a glass bowl; stir halfway through.
- Pierce each ball with a toothpick and dip into chocolate. Cover peanut butter balls 3/4 of the way and wipe excess chocolate on the rim of the bowl.
- Place chocolate covered peanut butter balls back on the baking sheet.
- Chill in the refrigerator ~45 minutes until set.
- Plate & enjoy!
Thanks for reading! If you missed any Blogmas posts, check them out on the Blogmas tab on my blog.